1. Visit Laravel installation guide at https://laravel.com/docs/5.3/installation
Make sure the following requirements are installed:
PHP >= 5.6.4
OpenSSL PHP Extension
PDO PHP Extension
Mbstring PHP Extension
Tokenizer PHP Extension
XML PHP Extension
Open a terminal and type the command below to check your PHP version.
$ php -v
2. Install Composer, the PHP dependency manager.
Go to https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md and follow the instructions applicable for your machine.
For macs, run these commands:
$ php composer-setup.php --install-dir=bin --filename=composer
$ mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer
You should be able to run composer now.
3. Now you can install PHP packages including Laravel itself.
$ composer global require "laravel/installer"
4. Make sure to place the $HOME/.composer/vendor/bin directory (or the equivalent directory for your OS) in your $PATH so the laravel executable can be located by your system.
On mac, add the following line to your
5. Now you should be able to start a Laravel project.
$ laravel new my-project
Now open my-project into your editor of choice.